DEPARTMENT OF COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
Community Development is the process of building active and sustainable communities based on social justice and mutual respect by empowering communities to work on their own agenda to improve their quality of life.
Provision of Community Development Services
To catalyze sustainable development efforts at community level through mindset change of the target communities using community based approaches.
Concertized, empowered and self-sustaining women and men boys and girls.
- vi) Transparency and accountability
- Vii) Integrity
- Multi -Sectoral approach
- ix) Decentralization
- Community empowerment and participation
- Evidence based decision making
- To enhance access to Functional adult literacy and education by communities to enable effective participation in the national development
- To improve household and community livelihoods.
- To increase community participation in development Capacity of Community Development institutions strengthened
- To reduce population growth.
- To enhance access to adult literacy and education.
- To improve financial literacy and investment culture.
- To enhance duty bearers and right holders governance and leadership skills.
- To Facilitate promotion of awareness campaigns on promotion of nutrition related NCDs.
- To promote behaviour change through communication.
- To strengthen capacity of service providers to provide nutrition and lifestyle counselling services at facility and community level.
- To Support capacity building initiatives to community management committees on importance of six food groups